Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pet food - Garbage in - garbage out?

Today's post is about dog food. I have become passionate about feeding the raw diet to my dog based on my experiences with my last two dogs. Both of them were adopted being about 3 years old and both had serious digestive issues. My present dog, Sidney, was considered to be a dog suffering from EPI, a pancreatic insufficiency that can lead to a dog starving, even so it is eating huge amounts of food. It luckily turned out that he did not suffer from EPI but from colitis. And even more lucky for us, we overcame this by switching him away from all processed foods towards a diet that was initially based on cooked food. He had to take antibiotics for a very long time (about 3 months) and was then able to move slowly to the raw diet. Sidney is doing marvellously on this and could not be a happier dog.
I invite you to share your experience regarding pet food here.

No comments:

Post a Comment