Friday, January 28, 2011

Getting ready for the silent auction

Check out the Vancouver Sun newspaper article on this topic!


I recently had the opportunity to create a product catalogue for a silent auction to support a fundraiser for Clare Boggan. It was an interesting challenge. The photo shoot took place at a friend's house and in just over 3 hours I photographed about 40 products. It all had to go fast and I was not able to set up a seamless background, which would have improved the outcome. But overall, I enjoyed the challenge and I hope that the silent auction will be a real success!








I used an umbrella to light most of the items, except for pictures with a glass frame, for which I just used long exposure on a tripod. All the images were shot with my Nikon D700 and my 85mm f1.8 lens. (I love that lens!). It was good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment